The Administration has charged one of its own once again with the task of writing this week’s episode of #Hashtagfairytales. I am the head comedy contributor for #HTFT and am responsible for many of the jokes that you see here from week to week. To be honest with you, though I am the head writer for comedy, I am not one of many words. That creative fella from last week is big on elegant words (not so much on humor), and Jacob C. Howard will often make my jokes into long drawn out stories (which often flop), but I’m more of a one-liner type of guy.
For this reason, I have been #trolling the internet to find material from which to build quality comedy just for you #hashheads since the beginning of #Hashtagfairytales. I will be using this skill to build for you a #topten list; not a Jacob C. Howard Tor Ten List that has a paragraph of explanation for each item, but a real #topten list. This week: #Britannica!
So here we go, the top ten responses to Encyclopedia Britannica ending the print editions!
10. “They are giving up? Now THAT I can relate to!” –Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin
9. “I didn’t even catch their 2 hour press conference.” –Lebron James
8. “Good. Britannica was the Goldman Sachs of Encyclopedias!” –Greg Smith
7. “They’re probably going to re-release print editions as the ‘Lin-cyclopedia Britannica!’” –Jeremy Lin
6. “What will I read for bedtime now?” –Congressman Ron Paul
5. “Oh, so it was like Google but in book form?” –Justin Beiber
4. “Guess all 3 of the people who still used them are on their way here now.” –Wikipedia
3. “That’s hot.” –Paris Hilton
2. “F***in’ Paris Hilton! That’s what’s wrong with today’s culture!” –Jon Hamm
1. “If Snooki is in the business of writing books, then we want out!” –Encyclopedia Britannica
Thank you Encyclopedia Britannica, you will be missed!
(Top Ten and no chasers! No Frills, just thrills! Sorry Jacob C. Howard, I’d say The Administration wins this round. Wouldn’t you?)